What is Olive Leaf Extract?
It is well known that olive leaf extract is very popular now. But do you know why olive leaves have so many effects and are widely sought after by women?
Olive oil may be the staple food in most of our kitchens, but it is not the only valuable product of olive trees. Tips Olive Leaf Extract, an impressive supplement, offers a range of health promoting qualities.
The power of most olive leaves comes from oleuropein. Oleuropein is a secoiridoid, a plant-derived compound known for its cardioprotective, antioxidant and immune effects. The difference between olive oil (from olives) and olive leaf extract (from leaves): leaves contain very high levels of major biologically active substances.
Athena, the goddess of wisdom, threw a spear on the rock, creating an olive tree full of fruit, and thus defeated Poseidon. The olive tree is a symbol of peace, friendship, richness, and light, and is known as the “tree of life.”
As a symbol of peace, stability, and fertility, olive trees provide food and shelter for humans as early as the beginning of human history. It is believed to have originated on the Mediterranean coast more than 5,000 years ago and was first brought to the United States in the 15th century. There are indications that drinking olive leaf tea is a method that has been used in the Middle East traditionally for hundreds of years of treatment such as cough, sore throat, cystitis, and fever. In addition, olive leaf ointment is used to treat lice, rashes, lice and other skin diseases. Until the early eighteenth century, olive leaves began to attract the attention of medical institutions.
The olive leaves mainly contain cleaved iridoids and their glycosides, flavonoids and their glycosides, flavonoids and their glycosides, low molecular weight tannins and other components, and the split iridoids are the main active ingredients.
The main component of the olive leaf extract is an iridoid glycoside substance, and the most active ones are Oleuropein and Hydroxytyrosol, which are widely used in health care products and cosmetics.
Oleuropein chemical structure:
Olive leaf extract effects
- gastroprotective (protects digestive system)
- neuroprotective (protects central nervous system)
- antimicrobial (inhibits microorganism growth)
- anticancer (reduces risk of cancer)
- anti-inflammatory (reduces risk of inflammation)
- antinociceptive (reduces pain stimuli)
- antioxidant (prevents oxidation or cell damage
The main effect of the olive leaf extract is the action of Oleuropein, hydroxytyrosol and oleanolic acid. Next, you will understand the reasons why Oleuropein and hydroxytyrosol provide such an important contribution to olives.
Oleuropein and Hydroxytyrosol
Product Name: Oleuropein
Traits: yellow-green – light yellow powder
Solubility: Soluble in ethanol, acetone, glacial acetic acid, 5% NaOH solution, etc., soluble in water, butanol, ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, etc., almost insoluble in ether, petroleum ether, chloroform, carbon tetrachloride Wait.
Specifications: Available range 10%~80%,
General specifications: 10%, 20%, 30%, 40%, 80%
Protects skin cells from UV rays
Strong antibacterial and antiviral effects
Can strengthen the immune system
It can alleviate the oxidation of low-density lipoprotein, prevent coronary heart disease, and the occurrence of atherosclerosis
Product Name: Hydroxytyrosol
Traits: powder and extract
Specifications: the available range of 3% to 50%,
3%~25% powder state
20%~50% extract status
General specifications: 5%, 20% powder
Effectively enhances skin elasticity and moisturizing, anti-aging
Good for bone growth and function
Significant effect on anti-cancer and anti-cancer
Prevent and cure multiple diseases caused by smoking
Hydroxytyrosol is considered to be one of the most potent antioxidants, with an oxidative free radical absorption capacity of 40,000 umolTE/g, which is 10 times higher than that of green tea and 2 times higher than that of coenzyme Q10.
Comparison of antioxidant capacity of hydroxytyrosol
Process flow of Oleuropein
Process flow of Hydroxytyrosol
TIPS：Hydroxytyrosol itself is a dip-like, moisture-free,
Add a certain auxiliary material to dry to obtain a powder.
Specific use of Olive Leaf Extract
- Pharmaceuticals New drugs for the treatment of diseases caused by viruses, bacteria, protozoa, parasites, and blood-sucking insects, and new drugs for the treatment of colds.
- health food In Europe and the United States and other countries, the olive leaf extract is mainly used as a dietary supplement to regulate immunity.
- skin care products High content of olive bitter is mainly used in skin care, protecting skin cells from UV damage, effectively maintain skin tenderness and elasticity, to achieve the effect of skin and skin rejuvenation. High content of olive bitter 80% is specially designed for skin care products. Its high active ingredient and light color make it ideal for cosmetic formula design.
What is the specific use of hydroxytyrosol?
- It is applied to beauty products and health products, which can effectively enhance skin elasticity and moisturizing, and has the effect of wrinkle and anti-aging.
- help the body to absorb minerals, no need to supplement calcium, natural absorption, maintain bone density, reduce bone loosening, while improving endocrine system function, promote metabolism, promote wound healing, eliminate free radicals in the body, restore the body’s organs Health status, prevent brain failure, Anti-Aging, and stay youthful.
- prevent lung cancer, breast cancer, uterine cancer, prostate cancer, etc., promote the recovery of cancer later and improve the effect of chemotherapy.
- prevention and treatment of a variety of lesions caused by smoking.
- for the prevention and treatment of arteriosclerosis, hypertension, heart disease, cerebral hemorrhage, etc. have a miraculous effect, better than similar products.
- In addition, hydroxytyrosol can be used as a natural antibacterial, antiviral and fungicidal product for agricultural and pest control purposes.
Safety of Olive leaf extract.
The researchers verified the toxicity of albino mice by continuously supplying albino mice for 7 days in an ultra-high dose of 1 g/kg. No deaths occurred and high doses did not cause any toxic effects. In fact, the high safety of bitter olives in olive leaf extracts even made it impossible for investigators to successfully determine their lethal dose.
Usage of Olive leaf extract
The dose recommended by the health professional includes one to two capsules with a total dose of 500 mg per day for prophylaxis. When used to treat a disease, the dosage will vary with the severity of the condition but should range from four to twelve capsules per day, or two to six grams of the total extract.
Where to buy?
If you are trying Olive Leaf Extract in your supplement formula and want to know the pricing and where to buy Olive Leaf Extract in large quantities, you come to the right place.
Wuxi Cima Science Co., Ltd is a professional manufacturer of nutritional raw ingredients.
Our Oleuropein and Hydroxytyrosol are in raw powder form.
Your inquiry regarding price, COA, MSDS, MOA, flow chart, etc will be answered upon 12 hours.