Apple seems to be a simple and ordinary fruit, but has a long history and is deeply rooted in the development of culture worldwide. Apple has repeatedly appeared in art and mythology in every culture of ancient Greece, Norway, and Russia, as an immortal symbol of the story of Adam and Eve that we all know.
New research shows that “an Apple a day, keep the doctor away,” which is true. This delicious fruit is rich in antioxidants, such as apple polyphenols, as well as a large number of immune-enhancing vitamins C and vitamin E to protect the body environment. It helps to balance blood sugar, high fiber content, which is suitable for the digestive system and helps to promote heart health.
What is apple polyphenol?
Apple polyphenols are a group of phytonutrients naturally found in apples that have many health benefits. The polyphenol content varies with maturity. The content of young apples is ten times that of mature apples. Therefore, it is best to use apples to get apple polyphenols. Apple crude polyphenols contain chlorogenic acid, catechin, apple concentrated tannin, resorcinol, resorcinol, anthocyanin, and the like.
In apples, polyphenols are generally found in discarded peels rather than edible flesh, so apple polyphenols from whole apples should be extracted more than apple polyphenols obtained from daily apples.
Apple extract is not only derived from fruit extraction, but also the root bark of apple trees, such as phloretin.
Phloretin is a naturally occurring dihydrochalcone plant polyphenol that protects plants from UV damage.
So what benefits can apple polyphenols and phloretin give us?
The primary function of apple extract is anti-oxidation and anti-aging. Mainly in the following aspects:
Protect women from osteoporosis:
Apples are rich in flavonoids that protect women from osteoporosis during menopause. It also helps to provide better bone density for women.
Rich sources of antioxidants:
Antioxidants in apples can improve the function of the immune system, protecting you from many diseases. It also minimizes the effects of free radicals in the body and prevents mental and physical deterioration.
Prevention of dental caries:
Experiments have shown that it can hinder the adhesion of bacteria on the glass test tube;
Inhibiting the secretion of lactic acid by bacteria;
The anti-caries component of polyphenols, apple condensed tannin (ACT), is very useful in preventing dental caries, and the preparation of the mouthwash containing the polyphenol has an effect of inhibiting tartar.
Apple polyphenols have an inhibitory effect on carcinogens such as benzopyrene.
Blood pressure suppression:
It can inhibit angiotensin-transferase (ACE), prevent vasoconstriction and increase blood pressure;
The catechins, epicatechins, and apple condensed tannins in apple polyphenols can inhibit the activity of ACE, while the apple condensed tannin has the most vigorous exercise and can be said to be a “natural antihypertensive drug.”
A research team at Hirosaki University in Japan confirmed through animal experiments that apple polyphenols could inhibit the proliferation of cancer cells.
Also, apple polyphenols are a good source of whitening, hair care, and weight loss for those who love beauty.
Whitening, losing weight:
Apple polyphenols have the effect of inhibiting tyrosinase and have a whitening effect.
Japanese Asahi Breweries Research found that the intake of apple polyphenols can inhibit the absorption of fat and promote excretion, thereby inhibiting the accumulation of fat in the body, and can inhibit the synthesis of fat in the liver, promote fat oxidation, and achieve weight loss and slimming effect.
In a study of 45 overweight adults, 600 mg of apple polyphenols were added daily, weight loss after 12 weeks, mostly in the form of visceral fat reduction, and in another study, supplemented subjects at 16 weeks. They lost 8.9% of visceral fat. A third study is underway to assess the effects of apple polyphenols on satiety and heat absorption.
Treatment of hair loss:
Polyphenols have proliferation and regeneration functions on hair follicle cells. Japan Concord Fermentation Co., Ltd. made an agent for promoting hair growth from apple polyphenol extract – medicinal hairy forest PB, which has a special proliferative effect on the treatment of hair loss.
Many studies have demonstrated the widespread use and multivalency of apple polyphenols. The main applications are as follows:
- Treatment of anti-allergy in some instances of dermatitis.
- Active anti-infective and antimicrobial agents, including antibiotics to treat infections.
- Drugs used to prevent periodontal disease.
- for tooth whitening agents and anti-bad breathers.
- For anti-cancer drugs: Studies have shown that the intake of apple polyphenols can almost reduce the risk of colon cancer by half.
- For anti-allergens and antihistamines, reduce seasonal allergies.
- for lowering blood pressure and anti-platelet aggregation agents.
- for blood cholesterol-lowering drugs: taking 1500 mg of apple polyphenols per day increases “good” HDL cholesterol and significantly reduces “bad” LDL cholesterol.
At the same time, apple extracts are increasingly found in facial and body care products such as conditioners, hand and body lotions, shampoos, and anti-acne formulas.
Apple polyphenols VS Tea polyphenols
Apple polyphenols scavenge free radicals 50 times that of VE, 20 times that of VC, and have curative effects in cardiovascular dilatation, arteriosclerosis, vision loss, allergy, dental caries, and stroke disorders. It is the only polyphenol that can pass the cerebral blood barrier. As health care and functional food additive, apple polyphenols can be used in a sufficient amount of 50-500 ppm.
Tea polyphenols are tea-specific ingredients that lower cholesterol, prevent obesity, have anti-cancer functions, prevent radiation damage, and have antihypertensive and hypoglycemic features. However, excessive tea polyphenols can cause damage to the liver of animals, and also affect the nervous and mental state. In severe cases, it will affect reasonable physiological regulation and even lead to the emergence of some diseases. Studies have shown that people have no side effects every time the safe oral dose does not exceed 242mg.
Apple polyphenol side effects
Compared with other common polyphenols, apple polyphenols are not only very rich in variety but also have more robust functionality. Apple polyphenols have better antioxidant capacity and anti-caries effect than tea polyphenols. Besides, apple polyphenols have better flavor and solubility, which is beneficial to the addition of foods and medicines. Apple polyphenols do not have clinical routine pathological phenomena at the average dietary intake level, so apple polyphenols are also safe as additives in meals or drugs.
Compared to apple polyphenols, apple extracts another extract, phloretin, which has similar functions and applications:
- The phloretin has a proper function of scavenging free radicals and can be used as a cosmetic for delaying aging.
- Anti-Inflammatory activity can be used in Shumin skin care products.
- Has a specific UV absorption capacity, reducing the damage of UV to keratinocytes, can be used in sunscreen cosmetics.
- The phloretin is a lipophilic compound which can be added to cosmetics as a carrier of an effective active ingredient to promote transdermal absorption of the active ingredient.
- It has antibacterial activity and can relieve acne. It can be used in acne cosmetics.
- The phloretin has the effect of inhibiting tyrosinase activity and can be used for whitening products.
- It has a potential moisturizing effect and can be used as a natural moisturizer in moisturizing cosmetics.
- It can inhibit soybean lipoxygenase activity, has potential anti-hair loss effect, and can be used in hair germination and conditioner.
- The phloretin can inhibit the transport of glucose in tumor cells, induce apoptosis of cancer cells, and has anti-tumor activity.
- Improve vascular endothelial dysfunction and disorders and protect the liver.
Where to buy Apple Extract Powder?
Wuxi Cima Science Co., Ltd is the manufacturer of Polyphenol, Phloretin, and Phlorizin from natural apples or other sources as the demand of our clients.
Cima can offer the specifications of
Polyphenol 50%, 75%,
Phloretin70%, 80%, 90%, 98%,
Phlorizin40%, 80%, 90%, 98%.
If you need to know more about Apple Extract like COA, MSDS, and price, please contact us via email, and we will get back in 12 hours.
Packing Detail: Packed in paper drums and two plastic bags inside.
Net Weight: 25kg/drum.
Storage Situation: Stored in a well-closed container away from moisture and direct sunlight.
Shelf Life: Two years if sealed and stored properly.