Epimedium flavonoid: icariin
Icariin powder (heteronym Icariin) is the main active ingredient of Epimedium, which is 8-isopentenyl flavonoids compound extracted from the stems and leaves of Epimedium brevicornum Maxim, Epimedium sagittatum Maxim, Epimedium pubescens Maxim and Epimedium koreanum Nakai.
What is Epimedium?
Epimedium leaves are famous in Traditional Chinese Medicine by several alternative names, including Xian LingPi, Horny Goat Weed, Barrenwort, and Epimedium Grandiflorum.
Epimedium grandiflorum active ingredients
Horny goat weed extract contains flavonoids, lignans, alkaloids, phytosterol, vitamin E, etc.
The aboveground part of the barrenwort plant mainly contains flavonoids, while the underground part mainly contains flavonoids and alkaloids.
Icariin 10%, 20%, 98%
Horny Goat Weed(Icariin) stack
- Icariin and resveratrol
- Icariin and maca extract
- Icariin and L-arginine HCL
- Icariin and Tongkat Ali
- Icariin and Panax Ginseng Extract
- Icariin and Yohimbine
Icariin 98% manufacturers
Are you looking for an icariin manufacturer? Cima Science is reliable for you. We have been supplying our customers worldwide with Epimedium extract for many years.
We operate throughout the entire supplement chain, delivering specialist expertise in scientific research, development, manufacturing, sales, and marketing for a wide range of chemical nutrition, herb extract, intermediate, and private label service for human and animal care to treat and prevent diseases across different therapeutic areas.
Please get in touch with us if you’d like to get any more information about icariin.
- Khezri, M. R., Nazari-Khanamiri, F., Mohammadi, T., Moloodsouri, D., & Ghasemnejad-Berenji, M. (2022). Potential effects of icariin, the Epimedium-derived bioactive compound in the treatment of COVID‐19: a hypothesis. In Naunyn-Schmiedeberg’s Archives of Pharmacology (Vol. 395, Issue 9, pp. 1019–1027). Springer Science and Business Media LLC. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00210-022-02262-y
- Corazza, O., Martinotti, G., Santacroce, R., Chillemi, E., Di Giannantonio, M., Schifano, F., & Cellek, S. (2014). Sexual Enhancement Products for Sale Online: Raising Awareness of the Psychoactive Effects of Yohimbine, Maca, Horny Goat Weed, and Ginkgo biloba. In BioMed Research International (Vol. 2014, pp. 1–13). Hindawi Limited. https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/841798
- Song, L., Chen, X., Mi, L., Liu, C., Zhu, S., Yang, T., Luo, X., Zhang, Q., Lu, H., & Liang, X. (2020). Icariin‐induced inhibition of SIRT6/NF‐κB triggers redox mediated apoptosis and enhances anti‐tumor immunity in triple‐negative breast cancer. In Cancer Science (Vol. 111, Issue 11, pp. 4242–4256). Wiley. https://doi.org/10.1111/cas.14648
- Chau, Y., Li, F.-S., Levsh, O., & Weng, J.-K. (2019). Exploration of icariin analog structure space reveals key features driving potent inhibition of human phosphodiesterase-5. In P. B. Andrade (Ed.), PLOS ONE (Vol. 14, Issue 9, p. e0222803). Public Library of Science (PLoS). https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0222803
- Li, J., Luo, M., Wang, S., Jin, G., Han, Z., Ma, Y., Tang, G., & Guo, Z. (2020). Icariin Ameliorates Lower Back Pain in Rats via Suppressing the Secretion of Cytokine-Induced Neutrophil Chemoatractant-1. In BioMed Research International (Vol. 2020, pp. 1–7). Hindawi Limited. https://doi.org/10.1155/2020/4670604