What is Citicoline?
Citicoline (CDP-choline or cytidine 5′-diphosphocholine) is an endogenous nootropic compound that occurs in the body naturally. It is a critical intermediate in synthesizing phospholipids in the cell membrane.
Citicoline is commonly referred to as a “brain nutrient.” It is taken orally and converts to choline and cytidine, the latter of which turns into uridine in the body.
Citicoline vs. Citicoline sodium
Chemically speaking, citicoline and citicoline are different ingredients, although they share similar structures and properties.
Below are the key points to compare:
|Product Name:||Citicoline||Citicoline sodium|
|Synonyms:||cytidine diphosphate-choline (CDP-Choline) or cytidine 5′-diphosphocholine||citicoline sodium; Cytidine 5′-diphosphocholine sodium salt; CDP-choline sodium salt|
|Appearance:||Fine Crystal Powder||Fine Crystal Powder|
|Color:||White to Off white||White to Off white|
|Packing:||Pack in paper drums and two plastic bags inside. 25kg/drum|
Citicoline and Citicoline sodium are both brain supplements. However, citicoline sodium is more stable and accessible to store in the body.
Citicoline vs. Choline
Citicoline is metabolized in the liver and gut wall and then hydrolyzed into two major metabolites: cytidine and choline. Therefore, citicoline is one of the crucial sources of choline.
Both of them support cell signaling, acetylcholine production, and phospholipid metabolism. Nevertheless, citicoline is also a vital source of cytidine. Cytidine enters the systemic circulation, and it will be further metabolized into uridine, which is easier to cross the blood-brain barrier.
manufacturing flow chart of citicoline Sodium
Cima Science is a professional manufacturer of citicoline, and here is the manufacturing flow chart of citicoline Sodium:
- Mix yeast, glucose, Potassium dihydrogen phosphate, Cytidine-5′-monophosphoric, Phosphorylcholine, and Drinkable water, and then adjust the temperature and stir it to react fully.
- Heat the reaction solution to inactivated, liquid-solid separation;
- Adjust PH for solid-liquid separation,
- Sediment separation with activated carbon adsorption separation, with pure water washing;
- carry out wash-out with the molten reagent of NaOH-Ethanol Solution, and the liquid was collected
- The eluent is concentrated in a vacuum
- Methanol Solution was added to the concentrated solution, and the coarse product was crystallized and separated by liquid and solid.
- The crude product is dissolved, ultrafiltration after micro-filtration, and the finished product is obtained after Freeze-drying.
Citicoline is a relatively mature market product with slight price fluctuation. The price range is about USD 295 – USD 320 in China market. Cima will provide the most competitive price with high quality for you. If it is out of your budget, we can also offer citicoline sodium, which is also used as a choline supplement, but much cheaper than Citicoline, and it is more stable and easier to store.
Where to buy Citicoline in bulk?
Wuxi Cima Science Co., Ltd has been a professional manufacturer of Citicoline for many years. The specification of Cima Citicoline is 98% min, and quality is satisfied among our customers in the US and Europe.
At present, we have enough stock of citicoline and citicoline sodium.
Please email us if you want to know the price and technical documents such as the certificate of analysis and MSDS.
What’s the difference between Citicoline and Citicoline sodium?
Both are brain supplements, but citicoline sodium is more stable and more comfortable to store.
What’s the advantage of Cima’s Citicoline sodium?
Cima has been the manufacturer of Citicoline sodium for many years, with top quality, professional technical service, and stable stock.
What’s the MOQ for Cima Citicoline?
We don’t set MOQ for Citicoline. It’s okay for you to order any quantity.